Many people use Open Source but are intimidated by the idea of contributing to a project. “I’m not smart enough!” “I don’t know enough!” “What if people laugh at me?” In this talk I’ll teach you why and how to contribute to Open Source.
This presentation covers:
– Why you can and should contribute
– What are the motivations for contributing?
– What kind of contribution can I make?
– Impostor syndrome
– Finding a good project to contribute to
– Navigating the community
– Getting up to speed and getting productive
– Making your first contribution
At the end of this talk, you should feel empowered and ready to contribute your first patch, pull request, bug, test, or documentation.